Offer your customers flexible coverage and 50+ years’ worth of manufactured home experience.
Your customers’ manufactured homes present very different risks when compared to site-built homes, including increased risk of damage from fire, plumbing leaks and wind. Our policies give your customers flexibility with the protection they need.
- Owner- or tenant-occupied, seasonal, rental homes, modular home, tiny home (Vacant can be covered under Dwelling Basic DP-1)
- Prior losses, lapsed coverage and credit issues acceptable
- Fair or better condition
- No age restriction on the home
- AMsuite Only: Schedule up to 25 homes on one policy
Homes held by an LLC, corporation or trust may qualify for coverage with American Modern.
The policy covers any cause of loss, unless that cause is specifically excluded in the policy documents.
For a total loss, we settle at the stated value of the home which is listed on the policy. There is no depreciation deduction. For partial losses, we pay the actual cash value of the loss, but it can be upgraded to a replacement cost valuation.
Water coverage buy back options for a reduced premium/price-sensitive customers
- Liability – Policyholders are covered if an injury occurs to someone while on their premises, or if they accidentally injure someone or damage property while they are away from the home.
- Personal property – Personal belongings are protected on an actual cash value basis if the home suffers a covered loss.
- Comprehensive protection – Covers any cause of loss unless specifically excluded. Stated value loss settlement – We settle at the stated value of the home which is listed on the policy.
- Other structures – Sheds, detached garages or fences are protected. Additional living expenses – If a covered peril causes sufficient damage to move out, we cover the extra living expenses until repairs are complete or a new home is found.
- Reasonable expenses – We cover the cost for emergency repairs that prevent additional damage, such as covering a roof after a storm.
- Water damage – 100% Coverage A, $3,500 sublimit for mold and remediation.
*Coverages apply to package policies for owner-occupancy
- Enhanced coverage – Increased limits for additional living expenses, collapse, emergency removal, fire department surcharge, antenna/satellite dish, and more.
- Builder’s risk – Essential for homes just bought from a dealer, and is required by some lenders, this endorsement protects the home during the time between loan closing and occupancy.
- Breakdown protection – Widen the policy’s scope to include repair or replacement of major appliances, HVAC and electronics due to mechanical or electrical failure.
- Earthquake – This hard-to-find coverage is available in many states.
- Identity theft recovery – Identity theft can result in real harm being done to a person’s credit report. This special option provides professional assistance and up to $15,000 in expense reimbursement.
- Vandalism – Physical damage or defacement of the home is included (with Enhanced Coverage Endorsement).
- Theft – Personal items, or permanently attached items such as a heat pump or even copper piping are covered for loss if stolen from the home. Certain items have specific dollar limits (with Enhanced Coverage Endorsement).
- AMsuite Only: Multitude of discounts available.
See Comparison Guide for more details on what’s new in AMsuite for Manufactured Home. For complete information on AMsuite, visit the AMsuite Resource Center.
Program details may vary by state. For specifics, please log in to modernLINK and consult the program manual for specifics located under the eForms tab.